Mobile is the future (or is it?)
- Mobile users are quickly increasing in number; faster than PC users on the 80’s and probably 90’s
- Soon, there will be more mobile devices (smart phones and tablets) than PC’s and laptops.
- Mobile users in China doubled over the last year against Japanese users.
- Building mobile apps is easy either by the use of development kits or by HTML and HTML5 based code.
- There is a large number of mobile apps offered for free that can be upgraded later for a small amount of money. This is not the case with web apps and SaaS.
- Requires forward thinking that usually young entrepreneurs have (along with not-so-developed entrepreneurship skills)
- It is a universal trend, so everybody that is seeking to do something new, inevitably turns their sights to that arena. The current situation is that most of the mobile-focused businesses are start-ups. This means not very-well-thought business plans, poor funding, low visibility etc. (Large players are still in the development or marketing phase of their venture. Some of them are even sitting back and observing “where the ship will turn to”)
- Modern tools make it easy to develop an average or poor user interfaces in a matter of days. So I would expect that a number of ideas will be condemned to obscurity just because of their poorly developed functionality or interface.